Pennies for Patients started in 1993 and is a nationwide school-based fundraising program that raises funds to support cancer research and give students community service experience.
Last year’s Bay Area campaign raised more than $500K and had more than 300 participating K-12 schools. Funds raised by schools like yours support cancer research and support programs for patients and families.
LLS makes it easy with materials and support, school assemblies and incentive prizes. We can work with you to help you be successful.
- The program is designed to be flexible – you choose the dates (typically a 3 week campaign) that work best for your school’s calendar. We can work with anyone at the school to coordinate the program – often it is a student council teacher, PTA representative or science teacher.
In addition to providing students with an opportunity to give back to the community and develop leadership skills, Pennies for Patients offers you the following benefits:
- Amazon Gift Cards – at $1500 and above schools receive a thank you reward starting at $75 and increasing the more is raised – funds for school supplies are a way we can thank you!
- STEM science curriculum for K-8. A free comprehensive, common core curriculum is sent out via link after you register – easy to share with all teachers to increase science education in the classroom. Weareteachers.com has a free printable sample from the curriculum
- Incentive prizes – students can earn individual prizes for fundraising, classroom pennants for raising $100 or more per class, and top class can earn a pizza party from LLS
- NEW HERO GEAR – we’ve created fun individual prizes that students can earn by collecting online donations as well as coins – more online $ means fewer trips to coinstar and more funds to fight cancer. See attached flyer showing these kid-exciting prizes.