embARC is a four week (July 5–29, 2016) summer design intensive at UC Berkeley’s College of Environmental Design that brings together high school students from diverse backgrounds to explore architecture, urban design and sustainable city planning through four components: an Architecture + Urban Design Studio, a Sustainable Planning Workshop, a Lecture Series and a Design-Build project.
Why should you attend?
- Explore architecture, urban design and city planning as possible college majors and careers
- Immerse yourself in design studio culture and the college campus experience
- Work in a team environment with peers who have similar interests
- Build a design portfolio to use when applying to college
- Earn a certificate of completion and 1 unit of college credit on an official UCB transcript
They are now accepting applications. Visit www.ced.berkeley.edu/academics/summer-programs for more information.