SAND is excited to announce the launch of our Youth Scholarship Program. Thirty scholarships are available for youth ages 16-23 to attend this year’s Science and Nonduality Conference in San Jose, California this October 26th-28th, 2018.
SAND is where prominent scientists, philosophers, authors, and artists gather to explore a new understanding of who we are, both as individuals and as a society. The vision of SAND is to forge a new paradigm in spirituality, one that is not dictated by religious dogma, but rather is based on timeless wisdom traditions of the world, informed by cutting-edge science, and grounded in direct experience.
At SAND we encourage a deep curiosity about the big questions of life: Who are we? What is time? What is the sense of self? What is consciousness? What is perception? What are the origins of life? What is our place in the universe?
The theme we are exploring this year is The Mystery of Being Human.
Do you have an interest in spirituality? Or perhaps in science? Or both? Do you share some of these questions? Come and explore with us what it means to be human. What is your interest in social justice, spirituality, freedom, technology, etc. We will have a program curated to the recipients of these scholarships.
The scholarship includes:
- A ticket to the main conferences (NOT including pre-conference workshops)
- Lunch and dinner on the 26th through 28th (Friday-Sunday)
- Accommodations at a comfortable hotel in San Jose (within a ten minute drive of the conference venue) Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights
- Transportation to/from the hotel to the conference venue on Thursday evening, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- If needed, transportation to/from the San Jose train station or bus terminal to the hotel on Thursday and back to the train or bus station on Sunday
- Daily youth group dialogues moderated by youth group coordinator
- Other special programming
Applications will not be accepted after 10pm Pacific Time on September 15th, 2018.
All applicants will be notified of their acceptance status no later than September 25th, 2018
Registrations for successful applicants (and parent/guardian permission slips for under 18s) are due no later than October 5th, 2018.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org