Mos.com’s mission is to make sure bureaucracies don’t stand in the way of people’s aspirations — starting with student financial aid and helping all students afford a life-changing education.
Every year, hundreds of thousands of eligible students leave more than $2 billion in federal student aid grants unclaimed — including some families who need the most help. One reason is that they lack support in completing the federal student aid form, called the FAFSA, and the process can be intimidating. Studies show this has an impact on who even applies to college as well as who makes it to graduation. And this doesn’t take into account the hundreds of state-level aid programs.
We are a civic-technology startup based in San Francisco that believes in the power of technology for the public good. This summer we will deploy an app designed to support students and families in the financial aid process. Our team is very diverse, representing different countries and perspectives — including a professional protester, a former government official, a socially conscious computer engineer, etc.
We are looking for highly motivated full- and part-time interns all over the United States to help us spread the word and enroll as many future student financial aid applicants as possible. This is a chance to get practical experience with an early-stage civic-tech startup. To succeed, you’ll need to share our sense of mission, be creative, determined, and social. For four to eight weeks or longer, you will be out and about, in the real world and online, finding, approaching, and enrolling students in your networks and communities, building a user base of people who can benefit from this assistance.
- Believe the cost of an education should not be a barrier to students’ aspirations
- Want hands-on work experience with an early-stage civic-tech startup
- Be a “people” person, eager to connect, share, and help others
- Social media guru/influencer skills
- Speak different languages
- Experience volunteering/working with community organizations
- Interest in organizing, technology, and/or entrepreneurship
- Letters of recommendation / recognition for academic or credit hours
- Reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Potential employment opportunities for star organizers
• Email a resume to email@example.com! We’re excited to hear from you.