Experience a new world and expand your horizons – study abroad in high school! The U.S. Department of State offers full scholarships to high school students to study abroad for one academic year. Create long-lasting friendships with people around the globe, promote mutual understanding, learn a new language, and develop leadership skills.
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) with Germany: Deadline is December 11, 2017
- CBYX: Full scholarships for high school students to spend an academic year in Germany. Live with a host family while you attend high school or participate in an internship. Live and learn German culture!
- Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Abroad (YES Abroad): Deadline is December 5, 2017
- YES Abroad: Full scholarships for American high school students to live and study in Middle East, Africa, Asia, or the Balkans. Get to know Muslim culture first-hand and form lasting friendships with your host family and community!
- National Security Language Initiative for Youth (NSLI-Y): Deadline is November 2, 2017
- NSLI-Y: Full scholarship to study Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia, Mandarin, Hindi, Korean, Persian (Tajik), Russian, or Turkish for a summer or an academic year. Live abroad with a host family while pursuing your intensive language study. Previous language study is not required.