The Stanford Medical Youth Science Program (SMYSP) continues to provide opportunities that enable low-income and underrepresented minority students to flourish and reach their potential.
The 2015 Summer Residential Program will operate from June 21 – July 26, 2015. All participants must be available to attend the entire program.
Information, eligibility requirements, and a link to the application can be found here: smysp.stanford.edu/education/summerProgram/.
Applicants must be:
- a current sophomore or junior in high school;
- from a low-income background, and will likely be the first in their family to attend college;
- interested in science, medicine, and health;
- taking, or have taken, science and math classes, with at least some B’s in these class;
- living and attending high school in one of the following California counties (only): Alameda, Contra Costa, Fresno, Madera, Marin, Merced, Monterey, Napa, Sacramento, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Luis Obispo, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, and Yolo.