Entering its 54th year, the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department’s Workreation Program is a school-year and summer employment, mentorship and training program for all youth who live in, or attend school in, San Francisco. Workreation is open to youth, ages 14-17 (or 18, as long as the student is still in high school).
● Participants earn minimum wage (currently $10.24/hour)
● Variety of recreational, aquatic, horticultural, administrative, sports, after school and summer camp positions
● 10 hours per week during the school year
● 20-30 hours per week during summer
● Develop leadership and problem solving skills, work with others and gain community awareness
● Learn job-related skills: safety awareness, program planning, communications and First Aid
Applications for Summer 2013 will be accepted from December 19, 2012, through January 18, 2013.
Applications can be found online at http://jobaps.com/sf under Class 9910 Public Service Trainee for the SF Recreation and Park Department. Interviews will take place mid-to-late February 2013. Summer programming begins in June and ends in mid-August.
For more information, email Jennifer Gee or call (415) 831-2785.