Explore the country and culture of Peru through this fully funded program. The program includes:
- Pre-trip workshops and orientations,
- Exploration of cross-cultural affairs and food security and nutrition in Peru through one month of travel (tentatively from June 30 – July 27, 2013), and
- Post-trip follow-up through social action projects in home communities.
Who will go:
- 16 U.S. high school students (between the ages of 15-17) from the regions of New York City, San Francisco, and Minneapolis-St. Paul, and
- 3 U.S. educators from the regions of New York City, San Francisco, and Minneapolis-St. Paul
The American Youth Leadership Program (AYLP) is funded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State and World Savvy, and administered by World Savvy. All applications are due November 16, 2012.
To see details, photos, and testimonials from previous trips, you can visit the World Savvy website.