Enterprise for High School Students is currently recruiting underserved youth ages 16-18 to apply for our paid training program This Way Ahead.
This Way Ahead is a 14-week job readiness training program for high school and GED students in San Francisco. Once students have completed the training phase of the program they are eligible to apply for exclusive paid internships at Gap and Old Navy stores.
During the training phase of This Way Ahead students will:
- Attend workshops to learn about professionalism, workplace expectations, develop their communication skills and build self-confidence
- Receive expert customer service training from Gap and Old Navy store managers
- Create an employment portfolio including a resume, cover letter, reference sheet, sample application and a resignation letter
- Meet individually with their job counselor to receive support
- Receive a $50 stipend every two weeks and a free monthly Muni Pass
- Become members of Enterprise and have access to our year-round job bank and 3 paid summer programs
To apply for This Way Ahead, students must attend an Information Session, where they will receive the application packet and more detailed information about the program.
You can review the Information Session dates on our program calendar. Interested youth should call 415-392-7600 ext. 319 to sign up for an Information Session
More info here: http://www.ehss.org/twa