Fellowship admission requirements:
• Excellent communications skills as demonstrated in an email asking to join the program and a follow-up phone interview or resume submission
• A basic knowledge of electoral politics and government roles/public policy
• Signed permission form
• Patience and dedication for progressive or liberal causes
• Be up-to-date on local and national political news
• Volunteer for 4-6 hours per week for 8 weeks over the summer break.
We recognize high school students are busy, but we also will favor applicants who can commit to more than this minimum.
• Follow instructions closely, ask questions, and always enjoy yourself!
• Interns will be responsible for registering people to vote, doing
administrative work, and event planning. Hitting the streets and talking to strangers a must!
We will provide:
• Provide signatures etc. necessary community-service or other credit
• Train interns in outreach and volunteer coordination.
• Sit with interns one-on-one to share political stories, careers, strategy etc.
• Supervise interns – minors ‘out in the field’ will always have an experienced campaign volunteer with them
• Provide access to fundraisers, political events, and any local matters that may interest/educate the fellows.
• Upon successful completion of the program interns will receive a diploma, a letter of recommendation on Party letterhead (should they ask for one), and an office credential
Please contact the Executive Director for the San Francisco Democratic Party, Ally Medina, for more information or to apply.