SF Department of Public Health is seeking input from populations most impacted by sugary drinks in order to develop funding priorities. SFDPH started by convening focus groups to learn from the community what their needs, capacity and desires related to healthy eating and active living. As our next course of action, SFDPH is hosting 3 town halls in September to:
- reflect on the input from those community focus groups; and
- gather more input to inform funding priorities for the sugary drinks tax.
Here is a list of all the Town Halls:
- OMI – Monday, September 17, 2018. 6pm – 8pm; Minnie & Lovie Ward Rec Center, 650 Capitol Ave.
- Tenderloin – Wednesday, September 19, 2018; 5:30-7:30 pm; SF Main Library – Latino Room, 100 Larkin St
- Western Addition – Thursday, September 20, 2018; 6pm – 8pm; Hamilton Recreation Center, Multipurpose room 1, 1900 Geary Blvd