To learn more and to apply, click here.
The curriculum is based on the Framework for the 21st Century Learning and youth development principles. The curriculum is facilitated through workshops that employ an emphasis on building self-efficacy, asset based learning and experiential education. Topics include:
- Time Management
- Critical Thinking
- Career Exploration
- Financial Literacy
- Building Community
MYEEP prepares each youth with a three-month training period designed to help them build competencies and skills so that they will be successful in the workplace. MYEEP provides 60 hours of training through an interactive curriculum specifically written for high school aged youth.
Over the course of the Training Period, each youth is asked to think about their personal, educational and career goals and how they will achieve them. This information forms the basis of a Development Plan that will be presented through a presentation to a panel of staff, worksite supervisors, peers and parents.
Each agency has a different application acceptance time. Please look over the next page to review the date and time you can turn your application in to respective agencies.
MYEEP does not operate on a “first come, first served” basis. Please see the MYEEP Program Overview on Page 3 for more information.
You must meet ALL of the requirements:
- Resident of San Francisco
- Currently enrolled in High School
- 9th or 10th grade on student locator card
- Must be 14 years old by January 1, 2019
- Ability to attend all training workshops
- Ability to return phone calls in a timely manner
- Only complete applications (with all signatures and documents) will be accepted.
- Complete this packet application in BLUE or BLACK ink.
- The youth applicant must bring the application himself/herself in person (no fax, email, scan allowed!).
- No applications will be accepted after the due date September 7, 2018.