The Global Climate Action Summit will bring leaders and people together from around the world to “Take Ambition to the Next Level.” It will be a moment to celebrate the extraordinary achievements of states, regions, cities, companies, investors and citizens with respect to climate action.
It will also be a launchpad for deeper worldwide commitments and accelerated action from countries—supported by all sectors of society—that can put the globe on track to prevent dangerous climate change and realize the historic Paris Agreement.
The decarbonization of the global economy is in sight. Transformational changes are happening across the world and across all sectors as a result of technological innovation, new and creative policies and political will at all levels.
States and regions, cities, businesses and investors are leading the charge on pushing down global emissions by 2020, setting the stage to reach net zero emissions by midcentury.
The San Francisco Department of the Environment is hosting a Poster Contest open to all k-12 schools in San Francisco! Selected winners will receive a cash prize and their artwork will be displayed at and around the Summit, emanating SFUSD student’s vision for a better future.
1. The contest theme is: Our Cool Planet: Taking Action for a Better Future. Design artwork showing actions that can help create a better future by slowing down climate change. Ideas include: zero waste (reducing, reusing, composting, & recycling); planting trees & gardens; conserving energy; walking, biking & taking public transportation; eating less beef. Be creative, positive & hopeful!
2. All entries must be on 11×17 paper. Do not roll or fold.
3. Use tempera paint, bright crayon or collage. Bold color is best! No digital art, 3-D art, or sculpture will be accepted.
4. On the back of each entry, write: Student’s Full Name, Age, School & Grade as of September 2018.
5. Include the name, organization and email address of the teacher/coordinator/counselor/librarian, etc. responsible for leading activity with this student. Parents of the winning student are not eligible to win adult prize money even if they led activity with their child.
6. The contest begins May 23rd, 2018. Entries must be received by10am Tuesday, September 4th, 2018. Send to: Poster Contest; SF Environment; 1455 Market Street #1200; San Francisco, CA 94103. Office hours are M-F 9-5. All entries become property of SF Environment and will not be returned.
7. Winners will be announced by September 12th, 2018, online at SFEnvironment.org.
Questions? Call 415-355-3763 or email: Tamar.Hurwitz@SFGov.org