Announcing the 2018 Neighborfest Program
Being in one of San Francisco’s neighborhoods is a source of great pride for residents and there is no better way to celebrate that pride than bringing your neighbors together and having a block party!
The 2018 Neighborfest Program offers Host Committees tools and resources that empower them to pull off the best block party by providing:
- A Host Toolkit featuring step-by-step instructions for assembling a host committee, a timeline to guide your activities, customized forms and flyers
- A free and simplified permitting process
- Access to free barricades*
- Free one-time use waste bins**
- For first time hosts – a bin of disaster supplies for your block**
The Neighborfest program is the ultimate resource for building stronger, more connected communities.
* Courtesy of Public Works ** Courtesy of Recology
Returning for its fourth year, the 2018 Neighborfest Program will offer this year’s hosts the biggest suite of tools and resources yet. As in years past, hosts will need to complete both the NEN Neighborfest Host Application and the SFMTA ISCOTT Block Party Street Closure application.
There are two new aspects to the program:
- In 2018, Neighborfests can ONLY be hosted on Saturdays between August 4th and November 3rd
- There are a LIMIT of THREE (3) available Neighborfest slots each Saturday