The Program Manager, Fairytale Players is a new part-time position funded by the Neda Nobari Foundation. This position will manage Golden Thread’s Fairytale Players creation and touring activities with the aim of long term impact and sustainability. The ideal candidate will be a theatre professional experienced in Theatre for Young Audiences and/or arts education. Familiarity with Middle Eastern performance traditions and languages is a plus!
This position is 20 hours a week and reports to the Artistic Director. Pay will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include flexible vacation and sick time, and affiliation to professional organizations through Golden Thread’s company membership. Office headquarters are located in San Francisco; some work may be done remotely.
- Manage the main elements of the program:
- Create and manage production schedule and budget, and complete AEA reports.
- Develop an annual calendar of activities for creation of new work, production meetings, rehearsals, and touring
- Update touring roster and identify new performance opportunities
- Secure bookings and manage presenter/host requirements
- Communicate with staff on production progress; report and resolve questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Evaluate the current program by using strategic thinking, assessment, and research to maintain relevance and increase impact.
- Research and develop revenue options for the program; explore partnership opportunities and meet with community groups and government agencies to explore programming needs.
The position of Program Manager requires a strategic thinker and self-starter who is organized and detail-oriented. The Program Manager will help define and implement Golden Thread’s strategic goals in the area of youth outreach. The ideal candidate will be a theatre professional fluent in State and National education standards and experienced in Theatre for Young Audiences, including working under Actors Equity TYA guidelines. Excellent verbal and written communication are required. Political awareness and sensitivity to the plurality of thought and culture within the Middle East and its world-wide diaspora would be a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com