Whether through essays or multimedia, students have used their voices to share visions for a better world. So here’s their chance to put them to action! We’re asking high school seniors to submit a proposal for how they’ll better thier communities. Because this will be a much more rigorous process with multiple rounds, we’re also raising the bar for tuition awards: from five $1,000 tuition awards to five $10,000 tuition awards! We will also fund the top project up to $5,000.
We will be breaking the process into 3 rounds, using the principles of design thinking:
- Design and submit your ROUND 1 proposal:
- First 3 stages of design thinking Launch cycle
- Students submit overall proposal based on the Ford Institute community building principles
- We select applications based on their completion, seriousness, and viability, offering feedback for those approved to move on to round 2.
- Deadline: February 11, 2018, 11:59 MST
- Design and submit your ROUND 2 artifact:
- Next 3 phases of design thinking launch cycle (all but the final launch)
- Students submit an artifact representing their progress and learning
- We give additional feedback
- Deadline: March 18, 2018, 11:59 MST
- Design and submit your ROUND 3 reflection:
- LAUNCH phase of design thinking launch cycle.
- Students submit a final reflection that shares how their project is doing one of the following: 1) increasing connections, 2)building capacity, or 3) taking community-led action. They also share their ideas for acquiring further funding, in addition to the $5,000 from HGU if selected as the top finalist.
- Include a video of yourself working on your project
- Deadline: April 15, 2018 at 11:59 MST.
We will select 5 winners to receive $10,000 tuition scholarships to their colleges, with the top one receiving $5,000 funding to launch their project into the design thinking cycle once more during the summer of 2018 to maximize impact.