San FranciscoYouthWorks is a unique high school internship program designed to expose youth to public service careers and build job readiness skills in a supportive environment. SF YouthWorks offers: PAID internships in City Government ($13.00/hr), interns can work up to 10 hours a week during the 2016 Fall session (October -April).
2016 Fall Program Eligibility Requirements:
- Entering the 11th or 12th grade for the 2016/2017 school year
- Have at least 130 credits (if you have less than 130 credits you must turn in a letter of recommendation from a counselor, teacher or service provider)
- Live and go to school in San Francisco
- Be able to work at least 6 hours per week, Monday—Friday between 9am and 5pm
- Be able to attend mandatory workshop on Tuesday or Wednesday from 4pm-6pm
- Commit to participate the entire school year October – April.
- Be able to present original documents to meet YouthWorks’ requirements
Required documents are:
- Social Security (must be original and signed)
- Picture ID (CA ID, School ID, Passport, etc.)
- Proof of Age (if ID does not list birth date) Valid Permanent Residents/Alien Card (if applicable)
- High School Transcript