Interns for the Scott Wiener Campaign are expected to engage with the campaign on all levels. This includes but is not limited to canvassing, phone banking, data entry, and other miscellaneous tasks assigned during the day. In the day to day, a field organizer will be directly in charge of an intern who has been assigned to their region. The Field Director will be the person to interview and hire an intern.
Hours that an intern works is expected to be at minimum 12 hours per week, with the average being 20, including weekend hours. A regular schedule will be set up for the intern to adhere to. Intern programs will run in three cycles; February 1st through June 30th, May 1st through August 30th, and July 1st through November 15th. Augmented hours (less than 12) as well as start/end dates will be on a case by case basis.
- Candidates must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Candidates must have a strong work ethic and be able to meet weekly goals for phone calls.
- Candidates must be extremely organized, detail oriented, able to be part of a team, and can work in an environment that can sometimes be busy and noisy.
Requirements/ desired skills include:
- Familiar with MS Word, Excel, and email editing programs.
- Fluent Cantonese or Spanish speaking skills are a plus.
- Must be flexible and willing to work early morning, evening, and/or weekend hours.
Expected outcomes of the internship:
- Understanding of how phonebanks operate
- Understanding of how in person canvassing operates
- Basic knowledge of voter file management platform
- Increased skill in volunteer recruitment and management
- In addition of day-to-day there will be seminars once a month on various topics, such as:
- Intro to the voter file management
- Intro to running a phonebank
- Intro to running a canvass
- How to recruit volunteers
To apply, contact Anthony Pico, Field Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.