The Stanford Medical Youth Science Program (SMYSP) continues to provide opportunities that enable low-income and underrepresented minority students to flourish and reach their potential.
Applications for the SMYSP 2013 Summer Residential Program are now available.
The 2013 Summer Residential Program will operate from June 23 – July 28, 2013. All participants must be available to attend the entire program.
Information, eligibility requirements, and a link to the application can be found here: smysp.stanford.edu/education/summerProgram/.
Applicants will be:
- a current sophomore or junior in high school;
- from a low-income background, and will likely be the first in their family to attend college;
- interested in science, medicine, and health;
- taking, or have taken, science and math classes, with at least some B’s in these class;
- living and attending high school in one of the following counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Fresno, Madera, Marin, Merced, Monterey, Napa, Sacramento, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Luis Obispo, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, and Yolo.
No exceptions will be made for students who do not meet the above criteria.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions you may have.
Deadline for applications is February 15, 2013. Program dates are June 23 – July 28, 2013.