The Mosaic Project offers exceptional leadership training through our Youth Leadership Project for youth ages 15-23 who serve as mentors and cabin leaders for 4th and 5th graders. The Project’s curriculum focuses on the celebration of diversity, awareness of stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination, respect for and appreciation of self and others, teamwork and cooperation, communication and nonviolent conflict resolution, as well as leadership and mentorship skills.
- Facilitate games/activities that encourage students to appreciate and respect themselves and others.
- Provide a nurturing, safe, and fun learning environment for our students.
- Share your unique experiences, talents, and skills with our community.
- Learn leadership skills and put them to use with younger students.
- Keep up with academic studies during daily study hall while at the outdoor school.
- At least 15 years old and a sophomore in high school.
- Interest in learning leadership skills.
- Interest/experience in working with children, especially ages 9-11.
- Interest/experience in human-relations/diversity/cross-cultural education.
- Interest/experience in music, theater, and arts & crafts.
- Certifications in CPR, first aid, and lifeguarding are a plus.
- Stamina to work long, but rewarding hours.
- Ability and desire to live and work in a tight-knit, diverse community.
- Passion for youth development, social justice, and creating peace!
Deadline: Rolling Admissions